HC System Installation Steps
Substructure distribution and installation:
- Dimensions of the perpendicular substructure depends on the façade construction. The distances between the substructure battens and their width are determined by the load requirements and by the type of panel used.
- Clean the surface with a clean, grease and fl uff free cellulose cloth or cleaning paper soaked, wiping the surface in one direction only (dirty cloths must be replaced).
- Apply one thin coat of primer uniformly all over the surface with a brush or felt pad. Allow a fl ash off time of at least 30 minutes. The back Neolith surface to be bonded must be clean, dry and free from grease.
- Apply Double Side Tape over the whole length of the vertical sections and parallel to the edges.
- Do not pull off the protective foil at this time.
- Apply Structural Adhesive in a triangular bead by using the triangular nozzle supplied (width 8 mm, height 10 mm) with at least 5 mm gap to the fixing tape and to the side of the batten.
Neolith® slab placing:
- Remove the protective foil on the Double Side Tape. Place the cladding panel in the required position on the adhesive bead without the panel touching the fixing tape. To simplify mounting, the panels should be carefully designed. Position the panels precisely and press them firmly until they contact the Structural Adhesive Panel fixing tape.